Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I love new beginnings....  Starting over....  A clean slate....  Clear pages....  Hope....  Possibility....

What will be written on the pages of this year?  I don't know.

I'm glad for the fresh start, but I also face this year with palpable apprehension,  rooted in things that are unresolved from the past year, personally and nationally.  For my part I purpose to move forward, with the Lord as Comforter, Guide and Source.   As for the direction of my country, I have to leave that in God's hands and center on Him and His direction in navigating what lies ahead.

As much as I'd like to just leave the challenges of 2012 behind, it is impossible.  So - - I haul them with me onto the new pages of another new year.  2013.  Will this be the year of the Lord's return?   I don't know, but I know I want to live it intentionally, faithfully and with eyes open to clearly see what God is doing.  I want to spend more time in prayer and less time being worried about the direction my government is heading.  I want to resist the resultant apprehension and focus on the JOY the Lord has in store.   New pages.   New days.  New possibilities.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment