Friday, June 19, 2020

JUNETEENTH & JOSHUA 2

My two acknowledgements have nothing to do with each other - I just want to mention both.

Until earlier this month I had no idea that there even was a Juneteenth.  And I didn't know it was the date celebrating the end of slavery.  I am grateful to know both of those bits of information.  We have further to go - but the more we invest ourselves in becoming and being aware, the more opportunity for that to happen.

Joshua 2 is my chapter for today.  I skipped reading yesterday because I was gone.  LOVE this chapter.  It introduces us to Rahab and the two spies - and their commitment to each other. 

I have sooooo many questions for her.  It is obvious she knew that their God was the one true God.  How had God revealed himself to her?  How did she come to faith?  How did she know she needed to make a deal with these 2 spies?  And what motivated her to protect them to begin with?  Oh, Rahab, I really look forward to meeting you in heaven.

Of course, the narrative also begs the question of whether lying is acceptable in this circumstance.  I would not have thought she'd be put in that position if God was using her for His divine purpose.  So much to consider and think about!


No comments:

Post a Comment