Wednesday, January 3, 2024

THE TENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS – January 3: Partnering with God

Having the goal of actually partnering with God instead of just asking him to bless our plans is a challenge for an organizer like me. But KNOWING that he also is an organizer - and that his plans are always going to be better than anything I can imagine helps a lot. It just requires a little patience and a lot of listening. 

I'm quite certain that I have gotten ahead of God a number of times - though just one leaps out at me at the moment. Getting ahead of God and following our own plan is characteristic of mankind. Abraham did. His wife couldn't give him the son that God had promised them, so she took matters into her own hands and gave Abraham her maid servant to essentially be a surrogate mother and bear a child for them. The result was Ishmael. (And family drama!)

God still kept his promise. Sarah had a baby boy in her old age. Really old age! She was ninety. A miracle. It seems that Isaac had to be a miracle for it to be obvious that he was God's plan. 

So - as I ponder and wonder - I wonder what God has in store for 2024 - and I truly want to partner with him, and have him be my guide - not develop my own wonderful plans and hope he approves! 

It will be exciting to see what develops. 

The entourage of wise men partnered with God - and they had the absolute joy of being led to the Christ child - and having angels direct their paths! 

No comments:

Post a Comment