Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ALL THOSE ONES!



This picture is one I took October 25, 2010 in Kansas. I have been working through our trip and adding pictures to my Facebook page sequentially - and I am finally nearing the end of that project.... We left September 21 and returned home November 3 - so the trip-preserved-in-memory goal is winding down.

It hadn't occurred to me prior to 1/1/11 how fun it was going to be to pay attention to the ones this year. Today is one of those days. I fully intended to do something specific at 11:11 on 1/11/11 just so I could remember what I was doing at that moment.... As it was, I was off shopping for shoes in preparation for a trip to Israel that is coming up soon!

I've been so immersed in present projects that I haven't prepped as early as I normally would for a trip of that nature - but the most important thing is shoes - - and today was about finding comfortable shoes that will double for looking nice in case we get to do something special like visit the Knesset.

I finally got envelopes made today (with Kami's help) so I could stuff them and get my final Christmas letters sent. I'd love to be able to do it all by e-mail, but there are still lots of people who either don't have an e-mail account - or I don't have their address....

I love completing a project. I'm in the throes of the huge one - - the musical I started writing in 1997....which is nearing completion finally after many delays and lots of discouragement. Now that it is nearing being ready to share it brings JOY even though it is WORK! I can almost see the finish line! I've learned a lot about God's timing and His purpose.

I'm so glad God gives us PURPOSE. It is one of our needs - even though we may not realize it. We need the basic necessities. We need to love and be loved. And we need purpose.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment