Tuesday, September 25, 2012

PERFECT POTPOURRI....


I had a friend who lived in a small town not far from mine when I was growing up. We only saw each other at Youth Rallies and Youth Camp - -  but I cherished his friendship then - - and I cherish the memory of it now. He became a Pastor and just retired within the past year.... I read a post on his Facebook page today that I have to share. 

He states on his post, "Saturday evening my son, Jon, invited us to join he and his wife and son at the water park. They were also taking care of two little girls. The oldest one is 4.  I knew her from when she came to church when I was pastoring at BC Assembly. She saw me coming and she was staring at me.... I asked if she remembered me. She said, "Yes"; so I asked if she remembered my name.   She said, "You are Jesus."

She called me that at church and we all worked to get her to call me Pastor Duane or Pastor, or Pastor Jordan and she finally did, but tonight I was Jesus to her again. In the swing she would say, "Jesus, swing me"; when on the slide, "Jesus, watch me" or "Jesus, help me";  "Jesus let's play hide and seek...." At that park there is a pipe fixed up to transmit voices from about 20 feet like a phone... When she said, "Come on Jesus, let's talk," I thought, 'wouldn't that be good to say to Jesus more often?' What a fun night...."

I just had to share the story. It warmed the cockles of my heart. God bless you, Duane! This is a wonderful reminder that we are Jesus with skin on. Often we are the only image of Jesus someone will know before they come to know the real Jesus! What a reminder to live in such a way that our lives are a reflection of Him!  You may be 'Jesus' to someone!

In our lives, Lord, be glorified.  Let the life that we now live honor You and be a reflection of the incredible grace you have lavishly bestowed on us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment