Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rosh Hashanah - - Year 5773 - - began today!

At 6:44 p m - - actual Israel time - - the Jewish New Year 5773 began.  Of course, it was only 8:44 a m here in Washington state....   I was so focused on the idea of Rosh Hashanah beginning at sundown that I had one of those blonde moments that made me fail to factor in the time zone....   I thought about that on my way home from church today -- and laughed at myself.

5773!  And only a country again since 1948.  A nation re-born in a day it is said....but not exactly.  Reactivated is more accurate.

Rosh Hashanah is the celebration honoring God's creation of the world - - but every Feast holds significance in God's design....and the blowing of the shofar aligns with the blowing of the trumpet (or shofar) announcing the Messiah's return!

Happy Birthday, Israel!

May these high holy days be significant to many this year.  It is meant to be a time of introspection and seeking forgiveness....

May it be so....

No comments:

Post a Comment