Tuesday, October 16, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY ELDEST BROTHER!

I can't believe my brother, Duane, is 76 today.   When I called and sang 'Happy birthday' to him this morning I told him he should sing '76 Trombones' on his morning walk!  The crazy thing is:  he isn't old yet.  I know it will inevitably come, but he is so full of life that the number seems out of context.  Happy birthday, big brother.  Genetics made us siblings, but we made us friends! 
* * *

I have been a little caught up with politics lately - - to my discomfort and dismay.  

In August of 2009 God spoke to me and said, "I want you to contend for what I contend for."  I asked for clarification multiple times as I considered what He specifically meant.  Finally, the morning of May 18, 2011, God spoke to me and said, "I contend for Truth.  I contend for man's souls."  

Man in this sense is mankind, not a gender.  And God contends for us, and wants me to follow in His footsteps.  So - - - that is why this political 'thing' gets a little dicey for me.  I don't want politics to get in the way of the higher good -  - and yet, the reality of truth (and the apparent lack of it in multiple cases) in politics creates huge issues for me.  

There is no rule about truth in advertising when it comes to politics.  There should be!  

What I do know is that there is truth in God's Word, the Bible, and the following verses pop immediately into my mind:  

"The wage of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ, our Lord."

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  (Jesus speaking)  

"Draw nigh to me and I will draw nigh to you."  (God's promise to us.)

"In this world you will have trouble but take heart:   I have overcome the world."  

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is the way of death...."  

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life, for God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."  

He didn't come to condemn - - but to convict.  Conviction gives us the opportunity to repent.  Repentance turns us away from sin and toward God, eternity, and eternal life with Him!  

"He came that we might have life and have it to the full."  And that complete fulness will come with our entrance into an eternity in His presence!   

After slogging down here through issues that shouldn't even be being voted on because they are so blatantly in violation of God's laws, heaven is looking better all the time....   Still I hold onto this world, still clinging to the hope that we can turn things around and have a little longer for people to repent and accept the Lord as Savior.... 

Truth is first and foremost the Truth of God's Son - - that God Himself took on the form of a man (God incarnate) and came to earth to live among His created, to ultimately become the blood sacrifice sin required....

So - - I grapple with how much to say or not to say in the politics of our day.  I champion truth - - first and foremost God's Truth, and as a reflection of that, truth in general.  I believe we are being lulled into a complacency  that will destroy us!  I also believe that the Bible doesn't place the U S A as a power in End Times events, which means that we will ultimately collapse...or more likely, implode.  I just don't want it to be now!   

What I can count on is that God has it all in His very capable hands.  Ultimately His Will will overrule the will of man....  His Kingdom will come.  His Will will be done - - on earth as it is in heaven! 

 

     


No comments:

Post a Comment