Tuesday, April 1, 2014

LENT 2014 - DAY 28 - April Fools

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."  Psalm 14:1

I first came to know the Lord when I was 8 1/2 years old.  I responded to an altar call in a little white Assembly of God church in Wilder, Idaho, and asked Jesus to come live in my heart as my Savior and be the Lord of my life.

But - there came a time when I was angry at God for letting me make the wrong choice - and I abandoned him and my faith.  I decided God didn't exist.  Happily, he led me back to a point of needing him so desperately that I begged for his help - and he was there!  I didn't earn his love, I didn't deserve it - but I know his incredible grace because of his taking me back with open arms.  From forgiven to follower to fool to forgiven to faithful follower.   It's been quite a journey.

We who know God worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.  His Spirit.  His Truth.  We walk not by sight or by feelings but by faith.  We believe what we cannot see, and know it is the only reality that truly exists.  What seems foolish to others is the greatest wisdom of all....  

And a little child shall lead them....

No comments:

Post a Comment