Tuesday, February 16, 2021

FAT TUESDAY - DIVING INTO LENT

In 2010 I wrote daily throughout Lent in this blog.  In 2018 when I was undergoing my 28 days of radiation treatment I gathered the entries into a document that I could share easily with a few friends and family members, and in 2020 I edited it, wrote additional entries for after Easter (leading to Ascension, Pentecost, and beyond), and created a book titled LEAD ME TO THE CROSS.  I have mailed hard copies to most of my family and closest friends, and as of December 2020 it is also available on Amazon as a Kindle eBook.  If you look for LEAD ME TO THE CROSS by Lola Rice Cain you will find it, just in case you see this and want to go on the journey with me this year. 

Today's reading is titled FAT TUESDAY.  Tomorrow we dive in.  When I first wrote the blog I learned what a special spiritual adventure it is to be intentional about reading every day as a discipline leading us to Resurrection.  We need that journey more than ever this year.  

Lead me to the cross....



No comments:

Post a Comment