Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SHARING ERIN'S COMMENTS ON THE BETH MOORE SIMULCAST

Tuesday, April 27

I'm off shortly to go share my Potato Masher Parables 'talk' in Tacoma, but I just read my daughter's blog about the Beth Moore Simulcast, and want to share part of what she wrote with you, since she elaborated more on each specific area of the S-E-C-U-R-E acronym.

From Erin Cain’s Blog:
A SECURE woman is:

Saved from herself:
My insecurity is a form of pride. I must stop the comparisons, feeling threatened, my own selfishness…I must know that I am clothed in strength and dignity by God. Proverbs 31:25 “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.”

Entitled to truth:
Too often we believe the lies of “If I could be this or do this or have this, then…” Instead we must believe God, His plans for our life and the truth of His word.

Clothed with intention:
We need to walk in SECURITY on purpose! “Today I choose to put off the old me and put on the new me.” Jesus Christ is my security and empowers everything I say and do if I will let Him.

Upended by grace:
Grace turns everything upside down. Grace makes the weak strong. Grace makes the poor rich. Grace makes the impossible possible. Ephesians 2:8 says, “For it is by faith we have been saved through grace.” We would be more likely to forgive if we
are secure. We must first truly believe we are forgiven. Receiving God’s
forgiveness honors Him. Out of the overflow of grace given me, I must give grace to others.

Rebounded by love:
We must live a life of love! God’s love for us in unwavering. I am absolutely LOVED by my Father. We must be convinced that we are dearly loved by God. We can not “out-sin” God’s forgiveness. When we know we are loved, we love. When we know we are forgiven, we forgive. When we know grace has been extended to us, we extend grace.

Exceptional in life:
Because of who Jesus Christ is in me, I can be exceptional! I must let Christ overtake me. I can trust that, in the intensity of the pain I go through in life, God will use it for GOOD. Romans 8: 28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:18 “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

No comments:

Post a Comment