Sunday, July 18, 2010

LIFE HAPPENS!

It has been crazy-busy - - and I still have a ton to do in my office - - but I just had to pop in to say hi to my few faithful friends who actually check....

I cleaned and cleaned to get ready for the Women's Retreat that happened here - - a Women's Ministry Leaders Retreat for 6 ladies who needed a place to get away for a couple of days. We babysat while Erin was here with the group...but got to sleep in the camper at night while the kids slept at Lynley's.... It all went well - - and it gave me enormous joy to know the house was being used for something so special. Al got to spend some time with the ladies. He took them ziplining - - and all 6 tried it - - some of them twice. And - - when they went out for their morning walk on Friday, they ran into him and invited him in to have a waffle with them. That was pretty sweet!

Before I got so busy cleaning in preparation for the retreat I finished the book I was reading, but haven't had a chance to write anything about it. It is titled THE AMERICAN PROPHECIES, and is by a Middle East consultant named Michael D. Evans. Anyone who is curious about the role the U S has played in Israel's well-being - the off-spring of Isaac - - and conversely in the countries who are descendants of Ishmael, should read the book. It was an eye-opener. We have straddled the fence and helped both - -yet the Bible is very clear that those who help Israel will be blessed, while those who do not will be - - I hate to say it - - cursed....

I'm just reporting. I didn't establish the parameters. But we need to pay attention. My heart is heavy with the implications.

No comments:

Post a Comment