Wednesday, July 21, 2010

YOU'RE TURNING 65....

I was getting irritated by the plethora of reminders that the magic age of '65' was just a hop, skip and jump away. But - the perpetual reminders - - and having my current health insurance company call me to remind me I needed to follow through on signing up for Medicare - - motivated me to do just that. I knew my full retirement age wasn't going to happen until age 66....but had decided to sign up for the Social Security benefits anyway so it would pay the Medicare Part B premiums without my having to pay for it out-of-pocket. My current health insurance is a whopping $688.00 per month - and just getting rid of that monthly bill was something to look forward to. Al retired April 2005 - and after COBRA ran out for me, I've had to pay for private insurance - and it is expensive!!!! But necessary, in case of the unknown happening.... But getting rid of that payment is like getting a paycheck - and taking my S S early to cover the cost of Part B - and once I sort it out, Prescription Drug Coverage....is, well, delicious.

Still, I have a feeling like 'waiting for the other shoe to drop.' This is all new territory - unexplored for me. But - in light of the alternative - I'm welcoming the journey!

I was practically giddy with incredulity last night when I found out I'd be getting a much larger paycheck than I expected....and my first joy was "I will have something to tithe." Thank you, Lord, for your blessings that allow us to be a blessing.

Yesterday I read Daniel 1 - 6; and finished Daniel today - - but will be going back to the last half of the book and doing more research. I know I'm in over my head - but am not in over God's head - so am interested to see where the exploration takes me, all the while knowing He will only reveal what He is ready to have me know.... And, knowing that knowing is not as important as trusting....daily and completely. But there is that fig tree....

No comments:

Post a Comment