Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A NEW INSIGHT!

I have been reading The Psalms for my devotions. Wow, do they speak to me, in reflecting over the past and seeing with gratitude what God has done. Even before I got up this morning, I determined to praise God for the difficult issues I faced in the recent past - and even the distant past. What an attitude adjustment it is to praise God for the bad stuff, from the perspective that He allowed me to experience just a trifle of what he experienced on earth when he was misunderstood, maligned and misrepresented. He, and He alone is my refuge.

I decided to read in the ESV for my devotions - but had read some mornings in the NIV, so during my time of re-reading the first 19 chapters of the Psalms in the ESV this morning, I had an amazing, exciting insight. I realized that running to God in prayer is also praise - because it places him in the place of Lord - the only answer to our problems - and that glorifies Him. I got totally excited by that revelation. We do need to praise Him - just for who He is - and thank Him - - but our prayers of supplication and pouring our woundedness out to Him is also part of worship and honor to God - and therefore is praise! Wow!

It makes the phrase 'He inhabits the praises of His people' even more poignant. He lives with us in every moment of our need, and our seeking His guidance, direction, solace and solutions honors Him, for he is truly the only one who has the solutions - the only one who holds my life in his hands. Wow!

So I'm off to see what the day brings - and looking forward to being able to report on my big 'bucket list' project soon - - I yearn for its completion! And - - am working diligently toward that. Soon - very soon! Al's hunting trip is perfect timing for me - because I can devote myself fully to the project!

Today, Lord, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment