Monday, September 12, 2011

REMEMBERING 9/11

September 11, 2001 We were in the middle of constructing our house. My project at that juncture was sanding and sealing hundreds of feet of boards that would eventually become window and door casings. And - - when I tried to get back to work on my project after 9/11, I felt the effort was a waste of time. After all, it's all going to burn anyway - so why go to all the trouble if we were in the final days before Christ's return. I definitely wondered if this was 'it' - the death knell of Time.

When I prayed and asked God that very question, His solacing response to me was, "Keep on keeping on. Occupy until I come."

I got it. Time is in God's hands - the beginning and the end. He is the Alpha and Omega. It isn't for me to know precisely - but I can watch for the season, as the Bible indicates, and we are getting close! When I was a teen I was fascinated with End Times Prophecy. But - later realized it is far more important to focus on living each day intentionally, than to focus on 'the end.' I still believe that - but I am once again fascinated by what the Bible says must come before the end - and what is happening in our world. When reading Revelation feels like reading the news, it is compelling to pay attention!

The Sunday School Class I attend is starting again next Sunday, and I have been impatiently waiting for it to start, following the summer break. The title of the class is Understanding the Times - and that understanding is gleaned from studying the book of the Revelation of John. Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment