Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WHO AM I IN GOD'S EYES?

I've never made a list before related to this question, so today was the day I started one. I say 'started' because it is something I will add to as I read God's Word.

I am well aware of my shortcomings. I am far too transparent far too often. Though that can be a blessing sometimes, it often isn't.... I judge too quickly much of the time. I get impatient. In fact I've said on several occasions that I didn't come installed with patience.... I get annoyed too easily (another issue related to patience). I could go on - - but I'd get too discouraged!

I wanted to point out that I am very aware I am not perfect before sharing what is on my heart this morning, which is how God sees me. I got so excited when I started thinking about this earlier this morning, and as I wrote my list I was filled with joy. I made two lists, which I will share:

WHO I AM IN GOD’S EYES:

Loved (For God so loved the world….)

Chosen (I love Him because He first loved – and chose – me)

Forgiven (because of Jesus’ sacrifice on Calvary)

Pure (washed by the blood of the Lamb)

Righteous (clothed in Christ’s righteousness)

Holy

Joint heir with Christ

Daughter/ child

Fellow heir with His chosen people, the Jews Ephesians 3:6

Member of the Body of Christ Ephesians 3:6


What He wants me to be:

Perfect

Bold

Strong in His strength

Rooted and grounded in His love

Loving

Joyful

At peace

Exhibit long suffering/patience

Good

Kind

Faithful

Gentle

Self-controlled

Obedient

Honorable

Ethical

Moral

Genuine

Full of praise

Nurturing

Leader

Sharing/ giving

Generous

Filled with the fullness of God


In my sequential reading of Paul's writings I am in Ephesians 3. It is filled with affirmations from God. I know I have a lot of 'living up to' to do - - but it is a worthy goal! I know I can only live up to God's most perfect standard through the active work of the Holy Spirit in my life - but I also know He doesn't accomplish that work without my asking, willingness, and participation.


I graduated from High School in 1963. Our class motto was "What we are to be we are now becoming." That's true for our Christian walk as well. We are saved and being saved. Salvation begins with getting on the right path - but is a journey ever after until we reach heaven's shore.


I believe in positive reinforcement - and I am grateful God does to. He tells us who we are: created in His image, made in His likeness, born to love Him.


Search me, O God and know my heart today

Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts I pray

See if there be some wayward way in me

Cleanse me from every sin and set me free


(Yes - I know the original word in the chorus above is wicked, not wayward, but as a Christian, God has definitely cleansed me from the wicked - but I am very aware that there can be things that come into my life that are wayward - that pull me away from being the woman God wants me to be, so I changed the word to appropriately reflect what I am really praying.)



No comments:

Post a Comment