Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th - a day the Lord has made for us to rejoice and be glad in! It's been a good day!

I started the day by making breakfast for special 'other grandparents' house guests and our 2 mutual grandsons.

I studied Chapters 8 & 9 in Revelation. The seventh seal, and the 7 angels blowing 7 trumpets, which releases layer after layer of final judgment on an unrepentant world.

I spent some time preparing for a ministry presentation - my Potato Masher Parables message that is to be next Saturday the 21st at a Ladies' Tea for a church on Whidbey Island.

I responded to God's nudging to do something that had been on my mind for +-3 years, and felt today was the time I had to do it - and learned the timing was 'just under the wire' for the purpose for which it was intended. It doesn't matter what happens with the nomination at this point. What matters is the affirmation of God's perfect timing.

I picked my granddaughter up from school and wound her hair into pin curls in preparation for her being able to get her wig on for her role in Hairspray tonight. In just a bit I'll take her back to be there in time for make-up.

Throughout the day I've had an awareness of being privileged to partner with God. He doesn't need me - He's God. But He lets me partner with him for my fulfillment, and as an opportunity to affirm my love for Him. God is good.

I've felt lots of heaviness lately, so today was a reprieve from that - but years ago in the middle of a very difficult series of events and challenges, I read both Job and Revelation. What God taught me with the book of Job was that He deserves our praise and worship no matter what our circumstances. The book of Revelation reiterates that reality. He is worthy of all honor and power and glory and praise. Worthy on days we feel like praising, and days we offer praise as a sacrifice just because He deserves praise. And - on those days, praise brings an unbelievable attitude adjustment.

I am so incredibly blessed. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment