Friday, May 6, 2011

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER, CINCO DE MAYO

The timing of the two events coinciding this year makes me think of other unusual pairings.

The year that Mother Teresa died, the timing of her passing was at the same time Princess Diana died. Very different women - but both with good hearts. It's just that after so many years of total devotion to the poor and disenfranchised of India, the coverage honoring Mother Teresa's life got lost in the small print obscured by the sensationalized reporting of Princess Di's demise.

Now another incident of that nature has happened again. Except that this time the people involved were polar opposites. One of God's stalwart saints went to be with the Lord in the same timing as the death of a mass murderer. David Wilkerson lived his life for the Lord. He is a wonderful model that one life wholly lived (and holy lived) for the Lord makes a huge difference. He touched lives throughout the world - and the coverage honoring a life well lived is lost in the drama of one who lived a despicable life.

I know the segue doesn't track completely. It is, as I mentioned, just interesting timing to observe.

I was absolutely blessed to be among those who gathered yesterday inside the rotunda of our State Capitol to celebrate the 60th year of The National Day of Prayer. It was a wonderful time of bringing a myriad of prayers before the Lord collectively. I was so glad I went. My only regret was that I didn't have my grandkids with me. It was wonderful to share in - and I wished they could have been part of it.

For my personal devotional reading I am reading Revelation again. Or more accurately The Revelation of John. Yesterday was Chapter 4; today was Chapter 5. Both are awesome - and lift my soul in grateful praise.

I pay attention to 'the seven spirits of God.' We know God as triune - but He is so much more than the limits we define Him with...and He alone is worthy of all honor and power and glory and praise.

I'm in awe that God...GOD...wants a relationship with man. The reality overwhelms me. THANK YOU, LORD. YOU ARE AWESOME! I don't deserve your love, but thank you, Lord, that you give it to me in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment