Thursday, May 12, 2011

He Giveth More Grace

The words to an old song have been among my earliest morning thoughts the past 2 days:

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase
To added afflictions he addeth his mercy
To multipled trials, his multiplied peace.

His love has no limit
His grace as no measure
His power has no boundaries known unto men
For out of his infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth and giveth again.


I'm so grateful for God's amazing grace. When life gets heavy - and it does - we can walk in a faith that is absolute, knowing everything is in His knowing. We don't walk alone!

I've been through some very tough times. They were more than I could have handled on my own - but I know with confidence that God will never give me more than HE can bear - and in those moments when I have felt weight beyond what I could handle, He bore it with me. I know He did because He promised. I didn't have to feel His presence to know that. I can assert His care with absolute confidence. He was faithful - even when I wasn't.

I know people who are going through tough times right now. I'd love to 'fix it' for them. I can't. I will try to encourage, to support where possible, to love, to care, to pray. I do believe in putting feet to our prayers - and have learned that we have to express need to receive response. Very often God's care comes through human hands.... He lets us partner with Him to be extensions of His care. What a privilege!

What amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment