Thursday, March 22, 2012

JOURNEY TO RESURRECTION, Day 26

Jesus' triumphal entry, which we celebrate on Palm Sunday, reminds me not to be overly impressed with accolades. How quickly the tide of passion would turn!

John 12 tells us that some Greeks were among those who came to Jerusalem to worship during Passover that year - and they specifically wanted to meet Jesus. We don't know if they did or not - but their pursuit of Him initiated specific teaching that is as valuable to us today as it was to Jesus' disciples in their era. Jesus tells them it is time . . . time for Him to be glorified. But how He meant it and how they heard it at the time were entirely different. They thought He was to be glorified on earth by becoming an earthly king - and even though He explicitly gave them an analogy of grain falling into the earth and dying to be the source for more grain, they couldn't hear what He said because their minds were already made up. How strange the words must have seemed then - but the Holy Spirit brought them back to John's mind clearly later on so He could write them down: "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

"Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven -
"I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again."

Jesus informed them that the voice came for their benefit, not His and then told them, "Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. And I, when I am lifted up, will draw all people to myself."

The LIGHT - the creator, was also the sacrifice. He, as light, would only be present with them a little longer! The final words He left them with that day were, "While you have light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light."

Powerful words. He is the only One. The only Way. The Messiah! But He didn't meet their expectations. Their ears were muffled by their logic. But their logic was wrong!

....................

I am grappling with the side-journey of Referendum 74. I have work to be done on my own project. I know God wants the musical to be finished, yet I am diverted by other tasks....

Last fall He specifically told me that the process of completing A Letter from G. O. D. was part of His purpose, but I get caught in the emotions of the realities and quite frankly, get discouraged. I read Rosemarie's blog for yesterday before I started mine for today, and it was a wonderful reminder that our journey is a marathon, not a sprint. What God so clearly spoke to me after 9/11 was "Keep on keeping on. Occupy until I come." He hasn't changed His mind. I want every day to have purpose and to live intentionally. I realize that in the process storms will come - and they have. But He provides a lighthouse. He is the lighthouse. Perseverance. Faithfulness. They are values He instills.

So - even though I feel just a little diverted, He will direct the process of how attention to what I believe in will be defined and carried out. I just need to do the part He calls me to...not bite off more than I can chew. He will reveal that clearly to me if I ask and then listen.... Thank you, Lord, for Your love and guidance. Thank you for faithful followers who reflect Your light and Truth! Today, specifically, thank you for Rosemarie! Bless her in her journey as she follows Your plan for her life, and reflects Your love to others. May that be so for each of us! As You shine on - shine through us! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU, dear friend. I so appreciate all your prayers and encouragement over the years. You have truly modeled true spiritual friendship.

    ReplyDelete