Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE ALPHA & OMEGA

59th Annual National Day of Prayer
May 6, 2010

I’ve spent a lot of time recently typing Song & Hymn Titles into a list as potential songs to be sung at future Old Fashioned Singspirations. That was something I grew up with. They were part of my roots, and I love the memories – and the future opportunities to be part of that kind of melodious corporate ‘praise.’

Consequently I awake with lyrics and melodies flooding my brain. Today it was all about praise:

I Will Enter His Gates

I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart
I will enter His courts with praise
I will say, “This is the day that the Lord has made.”
I will rejoice for He has made me glad…

Hallelu
Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah! Praise Ye the Lord….

Kings of Kings and Lord of Lords
King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Glory, Hallelujah
King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Glory, Hallelujah
Jesus, Prince of Peace, Glory, Hallelujah
Jesus, Prince of Peace, Glory, Hallelujah….

Let’s Just Praise The Lord….

His Name is Master, Savior, Lion of Judah, Blessed Prince of Peace…

His Name is Wonderful….


A few years ago I decided to try to see how many Nouns and adjectives I could accumulate to honor who God is. My goal was to have at least one for every letter of the alphabet. It’s an on-going list. Every now and then I think of another one. It is not just a ‘list’ but praise. He truly is worthy of all honor and power and glory and praise.

The Lord inhabits the praises of His people.

Today I will be going to the steps of the Capitol in Olympia to be with other Christians to pray for our cities, our county, our state and our nation. I have never gone to a National Day of Prayer event at the Capitol before. The Day of Prayer we celebrated in Montesano annually was definitely ecumenical – but was held in various churches.

I pray God’s presence will be powerful and evident to all who come. Our country needs prayer. Our country needs Jesus.

ABC’s of God:
Adonai, Almighty, Alive, Amazing, Alpha, All sufficient, Above all
Blessed, Beautiful, Bountiful, Beginning, Before all, Beyond all
Creator, Christ, Counselor, Covenant Committed, Consistent, Caring, Creative
Deliverer, Delight
Eternal, Elohim, El Elyonna, El Shaddai, Er Kamkanna, Everlasting, Encourager, End
Father, Faithful, Forever, Forgiving
God, Good, Gracious, Grace, Genuine, Generous, Gentle, Giving, G-D
Holy, Holy Spirit, High and lifted up, Hope, Hiding place
Inimitable, Immutable, Instructive, Ioseos, Isa, I AM
Jehovah Jireh, Jesus, Joy, Jealous (for our devotion)
King, King of Kings, Kind
Lord, LORD, Living, Love, Loving, Lord of Lords, Longsuffering, Loyal, Lion of
Judah, Lamb of God, Lord of Glory, Life
Mighty God, Messiah, Meschiak, Masih, Master
Near, Nurturing, Name above all names,
Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omega, One & Only
Powerful, Present, Prince of Peace, Pure, Provider, Perfect Peace, Perfect, Patient
Quintessential
Righteous, Right, Royal, Relational, Rock of Salvation
Savior, Salvation, Spirit, Self-controlled
Truth, Trustworthy, Today
Unchanging, Uplifting
Voluminous, Veracity
Wonderful, Worthy (of all honor and power and glory and praise), WORD
X-ray (You are the ‘God-who-sees-me’)
Yahweh, YHWH, Yeshua, Yesterday, (Today and Forever)
Zenith

He is the ALPHA & OMEGA, the Beginning and the End....

Inimitable: So good as to be impossible to copy
Immutable: Unchanged over time; unable to be changed
Omniscient: All-knowing
Omnipotent: All-powerful
Omnipresent: Able to be everywhere at once

No comments:

Post a Comment