Friday, June 25, 2010

GOD'S PEACE IN THE STORM




This is the picture on my computer screen. It is one I took July 27, 2009 of Mt Shuksan - after Al and I hiked out from our overnight campout closer to the mountain.

It is a perpetual reminder of God's majesty - and in the face of challenge - that the peace that he brings us is peace with him. I don't have time to write today - so one picture is going to have to be worth a thousand words.

Life has lots of challenges. The relatively inconsequential screams at us with urgency - and the challenge is to find true peace - peace with God.

When cacophony pierces my ears and troubles my heart I have to remember the basics:

God is faithful.

He deserves our praise and worship no matter what our circumstances.

The greatest gift we can give him is to live out our praise of him by living our lives in faithfulness and obedience.

Everything but the eternal is temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment