Thursday, June 24, 2010

SIGNS OF EXTREME EROSION; Matthew 24:45-51




Delicate Arch in Utah is one example of astounding erosion. It sits alone on a mountain top - exposed, vulnerable.... How was it spared when everything else around it washed away? So many things in nature to wonder about....

I took this of Al on a trip we took to Utah and Colorado. So many amazing wonders....

All I can say is, "Good job, God. You amaze me, and your handiwork declares your greatness."

It is easy to see the effects of erosion in nature - conspicuous indicators that the flood defined in the Bible really occurred. Some people want to point to billions of years of the passing of time. I don't care how long God's days were for what he created - but I do care that he was/is the one who crafted the world, etching out its designs with great intention.

It's also easy to see the erosion of society - and to find it startling that we can be propelled down a path of utter destruction as a country because we aren't paying attention to the road signs. I have to admit that I've been too much of a fatalist - believing it is forewarned and will happen - - and not praying as I should for God's patience and mercy so more people will have time to choose eternal life.

But - I keep feeling that we have headed in....to a spiral from which there is no recovery.

I have never been 'negative' - as in always seeing the bad in everything - but I am a realist - and the Bible's realities provide some pretty dramatic warnings. I want to finish Matthew 24 - then move on....

Matthew 24:45-51
Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time' and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

There is a lie being promoted that since Jesus' death was 'for everyone' that it automatically means every person will be saved. It's a feel-good religious belief - - but it doesn't hold up to what the Bible teaches. Not just here, but in other Bible passages, it is very clear that there is a place we don't want to risk going.

These verses specify faithfulness as the key - and that is consistent with other Biblical teaching. 'He who endures to the end will be saved.' Matthew 10:22. I'm glad knows what he is doing - and that it is all in his very capable hands. The only purpose there is for me to study end times prophecy is just to see how much has been fulfilled and ascertain which bits are left...and there aren't many...

No comments:

Post a Comment