Sunday, June 6, 2010

WONDERS IN GOD'S HANDIWORK



I really can't imagine why it is so difficult to believe there is a God when we survey the wonders of creation. Yet - there was a time when I walked away from God and didn't consider that reality...so I of all people should be understanding. But now - from this vantage point, it truly is incomprehensible.

My irises were a gift from my daughter's mother-in-law. They were 'excess bulbs' she offered and I accepted - and now I absolutely thrill to the beauty they bring to our yard - and they are another reminder of the amazing creativity of God. So many different flowers. So many different plants. So many different animals. All from a 'happy little accident' some say. Not me.

They all speak of a creator. A very intentional creator. And his name is God. Jehovah. Yahweh. And for the part that is something I know to be true but that is just beyond my understanding completely - the yet unborn Yeshua/ Jesus/ Savior was there. John 1:1-4 New Testament from Aramaic: The Word was in the beginning, and that very Word was with God, and God was that Word. The same was in the beginning with God. Everything came to be by his hand; and without him not even one thing came to be that was created. The life was in him, and the life is the light of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment