Saturday, April 2, 2011

ISRAEL TOUR 2011 POSTSCRIPT – HIGHLIGHTS

One of the highlights of the trip was singing our way through Israel – with songs the Holy Spirit inspired. We sang on the bus; and at each site we heard teaching, prayed and sang. Our ‘tour within a tour’ – as I referred to our 4 precious Korean ladies who were part of the tour – sang with us, and often sang among themselves when we weren’t singing as a larger group. They even sang for us!

I regret that I didn’t write down what we sang at each location, but what I will carry with me is that our voices were raised in praise to the Lord, and He was among us throughout the journey, inhabiting our praise!

Before we left on the trip I decided to read Isaiah as my preparation. It was my devotional reading throughout the trip – and I just completed Isaiah today, April 2. I don’t pretend to understand all of it – but it speaks volumes in conjunction with the journey, and reiterates God’s heart and intentions toward His chosen country – and chosen people!

Another general highlight is that over and over Mark reminded us to think of what happened in the very locations we were traveling through. Remembering those places as we read the Bible is going to make it come alive in ways it never did before.

A specific highlight for me was driving through the West Bank. Because Noor, our driver, was not Jewish, we drove where Israeli drivers cannot – or at least they couldn’t five years ago…. Driving through the checkpoints on that road – and then on that road with Jordan in view, just across the Jordan River (which was not visible, but was the line between the West Bank and the country of Jordan) was an amazing experience.

And the people we traveled with were an amazing highlight. It was a wonderful group to tour with. Thank you, Rick; thank you everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment