Tuesday, March 4, 2014

FAT TUESDAY

Today is Fat Tuesday! For those who give up fattening foods and sugars, today is the day to clean out the fridge and rid the house of everything delicious!  That's the way the teenagers I knew looked at it anyway!  It was my Catholic friends who observed Lent - - but in the past few years I have chosen to take a couple of Lenten journeys - - spiritual journeys - - and I am excited to begin that process this year.

I have things to give up certainly - - frustration, hurt feelings, jumping to conclusions, speaking when I should be silent, and being silent when I should speak.  I even have a couple of areas of bad attitude that need to be adjusted....

I'm definitely entering the challenge of the spiritual journey needing an infusion of spiritual insight.  I wonder what God will teach me this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment