Thursday, March 27, 2014

LENT 2014 - DAY 23

Today has provided lots of opportunity for reflection and observation.  While waiting for my grandson to get out of school I read several pages in a book I recently started, intending to read it when I was just sitting and waiting.  It triggered a thought trail today I have never considered.  Why did Cain become the person he was?  

He obviously was miffed that God didn't accept his sacrifice, as He had accepted Abel's.  And God gave him a pep talk about that....and that's all we have recorded - - but it got me wondering.  Did he feel it was 'unfair' that God booted them out of the garden of Eden?  Did he grow up with a chip on his shoulder and a sense of entitlement?  What had Adam and Eve told him?  Except for his parent's erroneous mistake he could have been royalty instead of a laborer.  He had to deal with weeds.  And he definitely had an attitude problem.  He murdered Abel prior to capital punishment being instituted, so was banned from God's presence instead.  That would be worse.  To have known God and then be banished....

I am so grateful that God came to restore a right relationship with Him, through the blood of His one and only Son, the perfect Lamb.

Thank you for giving Your life, so I could be in relationship with You.  I'm amazed by You....


No comments:

Post a Comment