Wednesday, May 10, 2017

DAY 25 – COUNTING TO ASCENSION

ABC’s of God:

Several years ago I decided to try to see how many nouns and adjectives I could accumulate to honor who God is, inspired by a friend who told me she had made such a list.  My goal was to have at least one for every letter of the alphabet, but I quickly exceeded that. It’s an on-going list. Every now and then I think of another one. (I just added Servant, Unlimited, Limitless, Excellent, Fair, Just, Justice!) It is not just a ‘list’ but praise. He truly is worthy of all honor and power and glory and praise.  Starting from scratch and creating my own over the past several years has been a blessing – and it funnels my thoughts to praise each time I read through it.  And when I pray, telling Him all He is, He lifts my soul….


My ABC’s of God: 
(Lord, You are:)
Adonai, Almighty, Alive, Amazing, Alpha, All sufficient, Above all           
Blessed, Beautiful, Bountiful, Beginning, Before all, Beyond all
Creator, Christ, Counselor, Covenant-Committed, Consistent, Caring, Creative, Calmer
Deliverer, Delight, Devoted, Diligent, Deserving
Eternal, Elohim, El Elyonna, El Shaddai, Er Kamkanna, Everlasting, Encourager, End, Excellent
Father, Faithful, Forever, Forgiving, Fair
God, Good, Gracious, Grace, Genuine, Generous, Gentle, Giving, G-D, Glorious
Holy, Holy Spirit, High and lifted up, Hope, Hiding place, Honored
Inimitable, Immutable, Instructive, Ioseos, Isa, I AM, Invisible, Indescribable
Jehovah Jireh, Jesus, Joy, Jealous (for our devotion), Just, Justice
King, King of Kings, Kind
Lord, LORD, Living, Love, Loving, Lord of Lords, Longsuffering, Loyal, Lion of Judah, Lamb of God, Lord of Glory, Life, Limitless
Mighty God, Messiah, Meshiach, Masih, Master
Near, Nurturing, Name above all names,
Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omega, One & Only
Powerful, Present, Prince of Peace, Pure, Provider, Perfect Peace, Perfect, Patient, Portion, Precious
Quintessential, Quickener
Righteous, Right, Royal, Relational, Rock of Salvation
Savior, Salvation, Spirit, Self-controlled, Servant
Truth, Trustworthy, Today
Unchanging, Uplifting, Unlimited
Voluminous, Veracity
Wonderful, Worthy (of all honor and power and glory and praise), WORD
X-ray (You are the ‘God-who-sees-me’)
Yahweh, YHWH, Yeshua,
Zenith                                                                                                                       

The Beginning & The End!

Inimitable:              So good as to be impossible to copy
Immutable:             Unchanged over time; unable to be changed
Omniscient:            All-knowing
Omnipotent:           All-powerful
Omnipresent:          Able to be everywhere at once

LORD, You are the God of all eternity – Yesterday, Today and Forever….
(I just couldn’t keep Yesterday under the Y’s because He cannot be called Yesterday as a stand-alone word.  He is Today.  He is Forever.  He is Eternal.  But yesterday standing alone sounds like He is the God of the past only, and I want the wording to reflect absolute Truth.)

This is a chorus we sang in my youth honoring some of the many names of God: 

HE’S THE LORD OF GLORY

He’s The Lord of Glory
He is the Great I Am
The Alpha and the Omega
The Beginning and the End
His Name is Wonderful
The Prince of Peace is He
The Everlasting Father
Throughout eternity


The Lord inhabits the praises of His people.  Praise floats up to Him as a  sweet incense.  Lord, receive our praise.  You alone are worthy.  (In the process of praising the amazing thing is: praise changes me!  Thank you, Lord, for the gift of praise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment