Wednesday, May 17, 2017

DAY 35 – COUNTING TO ASCENSION – for May 20

MORE INFO ABOUT MY POTATO MASHER PARABLES
Over the years, in addition to those I’ve located, my collection has grown due to contributions from others. Those that were gifts remind me of the person and the gift of their friendship and love – and also of the Gift of love God gave us in His Son when Jesus came to earth to bring us salvation. They also remind me that WE are God’s Gift to Jesus – His inheritance. The cost he paid so dearly on the cross was for us, and we are his prize – his inheritance. 

Those that are from friends remind me of the gift of lessons I’ve learned from my friends. One example is “The 5 year plan.” At one juncture when I was deliberating between two seemingly important events, my friend Cathie advised me to determine which I would do based on which one would still matter in 5 years. Too often, our lives are dictated by the urgent instead of the important, and that little lesson has helped me make the better choice a number of times. 


In early December one year when I had to choose between going to choir practice or to my son-in-law’s 30th birthday party, I chose family. 5 years hence no one will remember if I was at choir that night or not – even though it was when we were practicing for our Christmas cantata, which definitely was important. But – my son-in-law will most likely remember – and my daughter certainly will – that I made the choice to prioritize him that December 2. And if they don’t, I do. On the other hand, I don’t have a clue what the songs were for that particular Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment