Saturday, May 6, 2017

DAY 21 – COUNTING TO ASCENSION


Our first song for Softer Sunday Service tomorrow is "In My Heart There Rings a Melody." Because of something painful that happened in my world this week I wondered how I could stand in front of our congregation and lead this song, and the Holy Spirit reminded me through something I wrote several years ago. After reading it I decided to post part of it as encouragement to others who may be feeling over-challenged by the circumstances of life.  

When Jesus came to earth He came into a world that was hurting and broken – and He comes into our personal worlds, into our hurt and brokenness – and offers us comfort and joy….

Happiness is elusive, but JOY is because of what Jesus did on our behalf.  Joy is not determined by our emotions, but by our attitude. 

Your enemy, the devil, goes around like a roaring lion seeking whom He may devour.   He wants to destroy every one of us.  And he wants to destroy relationships.

If you are a Christian you are a threat to Satan’s temporary kingdom on earth, so expect trouble.  His attacks are tailor-made just for you, and he seeks to destroy you through the things that mean the most to you.  However, we get to choose whether or not to let him succeed.  We have a choice of whether or not to let him win the battle.

Jesus said, “In this world you will have trouble, but I have overcome the world.”   

He also said, “Come to me all you who labor and are heavy-laden and I will give you rest.   Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls.” 

So if you’re feeling battered, learn what you can from your situation, then dust off your armor from Ephesians 6:10-18, put it on, and stand firm, knowing He who is in you is much greater than he who is in the world. 

Jesus had a servant's heart.  I need to emulate that.  And, when necessary, like this week, I need an attitude adjustment for that to happen.  


Forgive, forget and forge ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment