Sunday, May 21, 2017

DAY 36 – COUNTING TO ASCENSION

HE ALONE IS WORTHY OF ALL HONOR AND POWER AND GLORY AND PRAISE
Revelation 19

(I have used all of my recycled 2010 entries....  From now on all of them are fresh unless specifically stated to be otherwise!)


I have stated many times that God is worthy of our praise and worship no matter what our circumstances. 

I have had to put that into action the past few days.  I have also had to remind myself that Satan crafts his assaults on us for maximum effect – and that people are not the enemy – he is!   But it is crystal clear that he attacks us in the areas that are most precious to us.  He really is a louse.

I can tell myself that this experience is an opportunity to understand just a wee bit of what Jesus felt when he was betrayed by Judas Iscariot and denied by his buddy Peter – and know that He felt the human emotions of that pain – even though He knew it was coming because He was God and knew all things.  

I can tell myself God is my Defender, and He will work it out.  He will.

I can tell myself all things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.  It does.  

I have told myself lots of things  – but I still have to grapple with the pain and subsequent tears….  Sometimes life dishes up lemons.  Anyone for a glass of lemonade? 

In every difficulty we should assess whether we are where God wants us to be and if we are being attacked because we are interfering with Satan’s plans – or if it is God’s wake-up call to ‘get out of the kitchen if we can’t handle the flames.’  That is where I am grappling at the moment.  I want clarity and have not acquired it yet. 


This too shall pass.    

He is worthy of my praise no matter what my circumstances.  Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment