Monday, May 22, 2017

DAY 37 – COUNTING TO ASCENSION

End Times

We’re here – in the End Times, because Jesus’ coming was the transition that marked the beginning of that period of time in human history – but what we find more compelling in our current facet of that journey is the incredible fulfillment of prophecies that Jesus said would lead up to His Second Coming.  There is so much information that we are provided – and yet so much we are not meant to know….   What we do know is that God has it all in His hands, and we can trust Him.  My view has to be focused into eternity – not on the temporal.  Easily said.  More challenging to do. 

When I face times of challenge I know He alone is the answer.  He alone is my defender.  He alone is whom I am ultimately accountable to – but He establishes hierarchies I am instructed to honor.  And I will….

There is a poem my dad quoted often, written by Ella Wheeler Wilcox.  It has been very present on my mind through my time of recent distress:

One ship sails east, another west
By the self-same winds that blow
‘Tis the set of the sails and not the gale
That determines the way they go.

Like the winds of the sea are the waves of fate
As we journey on through life
‘Tis the set of the soul that determines the goal
And not the calm nor strife.

(My apologies to Ella if either my dad or I misremembered the wording.)

As we head into the brewing storms – whether the final events of history or the ones brewing to try to distract and divert us – we need to remember the only One who can calm the storm – or calm us in it!


Lord, help me keep my sail set toward You!  Thank you for bearing our sorrows with us and calming us in the storm!  My comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength…thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment