Saturday, May 27, 2017

DAY 42 – WAITING FOR PENTECOST

WAIT!
I am reminded that in those 10 days of waiting between Jesus’ ascension and Pentecost when they no longer had Jesus with them, they didn’t have the coming Holy Spirit’s presence within them either.  The veil had been torn in two at Jesus’ death making direct access to God possible, but without the Holy Spirit affirming, nudging, compelling, they had to rely on memory, faithfulness and hope as their companions. 

We are sooooooo blessed to live now, with complete access to God through the power of the Holy Spirit.  I have walked through periods when I didn’t feel God’s presence and had to just continue putting one foot in front of the other in faithfulness, so I know what that feels like.  God has been very clear in teaching me He wants me to walk by faith not by feeling – but I love when I tangibly feel the Holy Spirit’s presence and do not want to be guilty of taking Him or His presence in my life for granted.   

It is important to recognize that His presence is more than mere emotion.  Emotions can’t be trusted – that’s why Jesus wants us to walk by faith…not by sight, and certainly not by emotions.  Emotions can be wonderful to feel when we are immersed in God’s presence – but emotions can negatively blindside us – and if we live by emotions we are going to be on a constant roller coaster.   The Holy Spirit helps us not let emotion have the last word. 

He truly leads, guides, corrects, cajoles, cautions, admonishes, inspires, energizes, instructs, teaches, encourages, comforts, directs…walks with us.  Works in us, through us, among us, with us. 

Lord, thank you for the Holy Spirit, who allows us to have a personal intimate relationship with You. 


Sorry – I almost forgot!  To honor the timeline of parallel time…we are still waiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment