Wednesday, March 9, 2011

LENT 2011, Day 1 - ASH WEDNESDAY

Today is the beginning of Lent. Protestants, for the most part, don't observe Lent. My only purpose in doing so is as a discipline.

I have decided to try to write each day - but not in the same way as I did last year, for at present I am determined to complete my promised reporting of the recent tour to Israel. After that is over, we will see where the journey leads - but I am on the journey, even if it seems to be via a circuitous route! Even reviewing pictures for today - thinking about Jesus' final journey to Jerusalem taking him past Jericho - which I mentioned in my blog for today's report - fits in perfectly to his final days on earth.

Writing consistently makes these days of discipline for me - in recognition of their being days of extreme discipline for Jesus. My Bible reading this morning continued in Isaiah. Isaiah 42 to be precise. I hope to address some of that later....after the trip to Israel.... We'll see! Time forbids me sharing all I would love to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment