Saturday, March 19, 2011

LENT 2011, DAY 10

My chapter for today is Isaiah 52. It is exciting, and it elicits exhilarating emotions. The problem is I don't have enough time to write all I would like - but I need to maintain the discipline of the blog!

It is such a beautiful chapter! Promise of the Lord's Salvation. Praise for the One who was to come bringing good news - and who will come again and bring peace to Jerusalem, the Holy City. Portrayal of Jesus' enormous unjustified suffering as the sacrifice - marred beyond recognition.

Out of the multiple images and messages, my favorite is Verse 7, and it comes forth in song:

How lovely on the mountains are the feet of Him who brings good news, good news.
Announcing peace, proclaiming news of happiness - Our God reigns, our God reigns.

And in the song the last phrase is repeated 4 more times: Our God reigns. In times like these, that is the firm foundation of my life. Thank You, LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment