Saturday, March 12, 2011

LENT 2011, Day 4

My chapter for today's Bible reading was Isaiah 45. Over and over in this chapter God speaks through the prophet, Isaiah, declaring that He is God - - He alone, and no other. In verse 23 God declares, 'To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'

That truth is also declared in Romans 14:11 - - "for as it is written, 'As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue confess to God.'

And again in Philippians 2:10 - - so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

One of my favorite choruses also declares that truth:

He is Lord, He is Lord. He is risen from the dead and he is Lord.
Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

In times like these, I have to look forward to the end of the book. The reality of the process between where we are now and when that reality occurs is filled with pain and sorrow. It would be very easy to lose heart, be discouraged, doubt God's care in the midst of the calamities.

All I know is God is God - and He knows what He is doing.

Near the end of Jesus' life on earth he gave some tough teaching and many turned away from him because of it. At that point he turned to his small band of twelve disciples and asked, "You do not want to leave me, too, do you?" And Peter replied, "To whom shall we go? You have the Words of Eternal Life. We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God." (John 6:67-69)

I feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment