Wednesday, March 16, 2011

LENT 2011, Day 7

Isaiah 49 is another love letter from God to Israel. He reminds His chosen people that He can no more forget them than a mother can forget a nursing baby. What an image. Nothing elicits more compassion than one's baby crying.

In Isaiah 49 God promises Israel "I will contend with those who contend with you."

Those words strike a personal chord for me. In August 2009 I visited a church in Centralia to be present for the baptisms of two very special people - and in that service, God spoke to me and said, "I want you to contend for the things I contend for."

As of that date I wrote the following prayer in my prayer list: "Lord, what You clearly spoke to me was that You want me to contend for what You contend for. Help me ascertain exactly what that means and follow that design for my life."

Lord, today, may that be so....

No comments:

Post a Comment