Sunday, March 13, 2011

LENT 2011, Sunday, March 13

My scheduled Bible reading for today was Isaiah 46. God (through the prophet Isaiah) provides excellent teaching on the topic of idols. It's definitely a slam-dunk. And in verse 9 and 10 God's word to His people is: "...for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose, ....'

God makes it clear that He has disclosed what would happen at the end - - even before the beginning we identify as the beginning of time. And He will accomplish His purpose. I've said it before - and will likely say it again. We can partner with God - or just get out of His way - - but He will accomplish His will. After all, He's God!

Alpha and Omega, The Beginning and The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment