Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 22 SLOT CANYON TRIP: JUNE 14, 2011




What a delightful day!

We stopped to see one of my college roommates and her husband. It was my husband's first time meeting them - and I had only seen her husband on one other occasion - about 10 years ago....

We had a wonderful visit - then after we left their house, we drove to Shoshone Falls. My hope was to be able to get pictures of a rainbow in the falls. The falls were amazing. We had stopped to see them in the fall - - but now the water level was very high, and the amount of water coming over the falls made them absolutely spectacular.

And I got my rainbow photos! It was the perfect time of day - and I took lots of pics from lots of angles!!!! Thank you, LORD, for the amazing beauty of Your world - and for having eyes to see such magnificence.

The obvious poem that leaped to mind was one I memorized in High School, My Heart Leaps Up, by William Wordsworth

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky;
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

I love rainbows and the promise of God they stand for! He destroyed the earth once by water and the rainbow is his continuing promise that he won't do that again. (Though this year there have to be some people who wondered....)

The only thing that affected the absolute perfection of the day were the malevolent mosquitoes at The Bruneau Sand Dunes Park where we camped for the night. They thought bug spray was a condiment!

Otherwise: a perfect day! Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment