Monday, July 25, 2011

GOD'S TIMING

I can't say I always welcome God's timing....but I do try my best to embrace it. Once in a while his timing is incredibly amazing and astounding. I witnessed that this weekend.

Because I was attending a destination wedding near Lake Chelan on Sunday, I arranged to go visit friends in Wenatchee as a bonus of the trip. In fact I stayed with them Saturday and Sunday nights. Lucy and I first met each other when we were 8 years old. Though we lived +-30 miles apart, we attended the same Youth Rallies in High School and the same summer camp for a week each year from age 8 through age 17. Then we went to the same college and were part of a foursome that was really fun to be part of our Freshman year. Our visit falls into the category of good timing - but there is more!

My youngest daughter was also, incidentally, going to be in the same area for the weekend - - for river rafting, followed by a hike and overnight campout. She just needed to get to Everett in time Saturday morning to meet her ride. She didn't make it. Her car broke down south of Seattle. But - since I was already going to Eastern Washington anyway, it wasn't too much trouble to meet her at the repair shop, wait for her car to be fixed, drive to where she needed to drop it off and deliver her to Leavenworth to meet her ride so she could at least salvage part of the weekend - - even though she missed out on the river rafting part of the journey.

I know it seems small - - but I totally saw it as God's timing. How fortuitous that I was already going over the pass. I enjoyed the travel companion for the 'going there' part of the trip - and she still got to have a fun weekend.

And - - the alternator went out in a perfect spot for getting off the road safely.

And - - the tow truck driver who rescued her was wonderful and took her to a repair shop he trusted.

And - - they were able to get to work on it right away and have it all repaired within a couple of hours.

And - - as for the wonderful wedding I witnessed on Sunday afternoon....it was absolutely perfect in every possible way (well, except that I had to go alone....) The weather was sunny and beautiful! (Almost too sunny!) It was a brief respite in a bleak week....with thundershowers and pouring rain returning for Monday morning....
Timing, again! For the wedding they had there the week before, it poured. We, on the other hand, were bathed in radiant sunlight. I have a bit of a sunburn to prove it....

Thank you, Lord, for your incredible timing, and for your loving care demonstrated in your divine protection for my daughter and your divine outpouring of love for this newly wed bride and groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment