Friday, July 22, 2011

EMBRACING TRUTH

Last night a friend reminded me of a phrase I heard often as a child: "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

My passion about what I believe will not convince another person. Only the Holy Spirit can do that. I can share what I have come to know - what the Holy Spirit and conviction have convinced me of, but I cannot convince another person to respond.

In a way, that is freeing. God is God and I am not. He calls me to be faithful, and to bear witness to the truth - but he hasn't given me the responsibility to save anyone. Only the Holy Spirit can do that.

Rather than feel like a failure when others don't respond favorably, I need to remember that my responsibility is faithfulness. The results are up to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment