Monday, July 11, 2011

RANDOM THOUGHTS FOR THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS

Wednesday night I joined with about a dozen others for the First Wednesday Prayer Meeting at church. God's presence was incredible. I love to be immersed in His presence. It was wonderful!

I've been fighting being discouraged, and there is nothing like the beautiful presence of the Holy Spirit to make us set aside those things that weigh us down, as we are lifted into God's presence, far above the trivialities of this world.

WE have been forewarned that in this world we will have trouble - - but the promise that follows is the source of our joy! Jesus follws that warning immediately with, "but I have overcome the world."

Yesterday when I awoke God reminded me to walk by faith not by sight. All day I felt a heaviness of soul. When He has forewarned me with that message in the past it has meant something challenging was imminent. I am grateful for the reminder, but living waiting for the shoe to drop, as it were....

This morning His first reminder of the day was "I will never leave you nor forsake you. I am with you always, to the end of the earth."

I know that the only certainty of life is change. I know that God loves me just as I am, but loves me too much to leave me that way. I know that He is faithful. He is my strength. He is my song!

................

Saturday morning Al and I went along with a group of about 15 people who did a 'yard clean-up' for a young woman whose husband is in the military and serving overseas. They have one young toddler, and he gets to come home for 10 days. So - one of the ladies in the church was inspired to organize a yard crew to do the things on her 'honey-do' list so he could have more time with her and their little one instead of 'doing the list.' It was amazing to see how much can be accomplished in such a short time when you have good workers!

................

Last night we watched Diane Sawyer's report of the young woman who was held captive for 18 years - Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped at age 11, and not 'found' until she was 29. It is a compelling story. And - in spite of the tragedy of what happened, it is a story of hope!

It reminds me that we as Christians each have a story of hope - and we need to be just as courageous to share our story as Jaycee is being! And - - our story is founded in the One who is Hope. Our hope is not in vain. It is an absolute. Just as surely as day follows night, our hope is a confidence founded in God's faithfulness. What good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment