Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 23 SLOT CANYON TRIP: JUNE 15, 2011


June 15 we took a road less traveled - the alternate Oregon Trail driving route, which kept us off the freeway, and took us through Homedale and Wilder (Idaho). My picture for the day is of Lizard Butte, which is where Dad took us for Easter Sunrise Services when we were kids. If you look closely you can see a cross near the crest of the hill. What a flood of memories it brought back.

As a kid, it was thrilling to climb the back of the lizard early Easter morning before the sun came over the horizon. And then, at break of day, to join with other early-morning worshippers in singing, Up From the Grave He Arose. I remember walking to the crest of the hill and peeking over. It seemed like a very tall hill when I was young! I'm so grateful that the Lord who loved me then, drew me back to him after I failed to remain true to him, and gave me a second chance. You are amazing, God, and it is amazing that you want a relationship with your created. Thank you for the reminder that you were there all the time! Thank you that you were faithful when I was faithless. Thank you for restoring me to faith. Thank you for your forgiveness - and even taking away the guilt of my sin. What amazing grace. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment