Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FIREWORKS JULY 4, 2011

Last night, my husband, 15-year-old granddaughter and I went to the Tumwater Fireworks Display. I absolutely love fireworks! Always have!

During the 'show' I was asked, "When were fireworks invented, and who invented them?" I had no idea. For me, fireworks represent the bombs bursting in air - and the reminder that the flag will still be waving in victory at the end of the battle.

So - I just checked for the answer online - and hope Wikipedia has this one right. The site states that fireworks were invented by the Chinese in the 7th Century to ward off evil spirits.

My first thought in reading that was: "I'm so glad I know the One who casts out evil spirits."

As for fireworks making a difference to demons...I'm thinking they were probably entertained, not terrified....

And I'm grateful for the use of fireworks in a joyfully celebratory focus. That has such a wonderfully explicit spiritual application: God takes what Satan intends for evil and redeems it - turns it to good!

Thank you, Lord, for last night's display and for the choice of music being GOD BLESS AMERICA for the grand finale! It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment